Prof. Larissa Schäfer on the different lending behavior of banks in developing markets:
How does the lending behaviour differ between foreign and domestic banks in developing markets and which are the implications for credit markets. In our newest FS Insights video Prof. Dr. Larissa Schäfer from our Finance Department speaks about her latest publication and answers the following questions:
1. What is your latest publication about?
2. How does lending behavior differ between foreign and domestic banks?
3. What are distance constraints and what do they lead to?
4. To the way and time of entry of foreign banks influence their behavior?
5. Which are the limitations foreign banks face?
6. What are the key takeaways from these findings?
7. Are your results broadly applicable?
8. What are the implications for credit markets?